Featured in this week’s episode of The Productive Designer, host Crystal Collinson chats with co-owner and Director of Designer + Trade for CF Interiors Allison Andrew-Harris.
Allison is no stranger to the furniture game. In 1979, her father opened a furniture store on the South Granville slope, where Allison found herself working in her early teens alongside her two brothers. Allison now oversees the Design + Trade Division of the company, ensuring interior designers across the country have all the tools they need to make furniture and lighting sourcing as easy as possible.
- Be confident in a male-dominated industry.
- Focus on your area of expertise.
- Making furniture buying for designers easy and more appealing..
- Interior Design is 20% creative and 80% administrative. Curating a space requires picking different furniture suppliers. Dedicate a specific team to oversee and monitor shipping, freight rates, and delays. Additionally, you need to communicate with your clients before any problem or misunderstanding arises.
- Looking for international furniture suppliers?
- There are so many more opportunities that have opened up with the acceptance and frequent ways of working virtually.
- Traveling alone helps you build confidence.
- Love what you do.
So, join Crystal and Allison as they chat about how Allison manages their furniture business in a male-dominated industry.
Then “Do something today that your future self will thank you for” and visit Allison’s website that will provide a one-stop shop for every designer’s trade and logistics needs.
If you enjoyed the episode, show your support by buying me a coffee buymeacoffee.com/TPDpodcast
How to reach Allison:
Recommended Books :
NEED STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE for your interior design business? Get it in the show notes of Crystal’s episode Why you need SOP’s in your Interior Design business.